City Of Kaliningrad

City Of Kaliningrad

City was renamed Kaliningrad by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR on  July 4th 1946. The municipality was created in accordance with the Decree of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR of may 28, 1947, by the decision of the Kaliningrad region administration No. 83 dated July 3rd 1947.

Bagrationovskiy municipal district

Bagrationovskiy municipal district

The municipality "Bagrationovskiy urban district” was endowed with the status of a municipal district ("Bagrationovskiy municipal district") by the resolution of the Kaliningrad regional Duma No. 6 "On approval of the borders of the municipal formation "Bagrationovskiy district" of March 26th 1999

Baltiyskiy municipal district

Baltiyskiy municipal district

Baltic municipal district was formed on July 3rd, 2008, on the basis of the Law of the Kaliningrad region No. 274 "On organization of local self-government on the territory of municipal formation "Baltiyskiy urban district".

Gvardeyskiy district

Gvardeyskiy district

Certificate of registration of the Charter of the municipal formation of June 6th 1997,
The territory of the district is about 78.3 thousand hectares, of which 45 thousand hectares of agricultural land, including arable land - 21.3 thousand hectares
Population (as of 01.01.2008) 29.2 thousand people, including urban population - 15.5 thousand people, rural -13,7 thousand people.

Gur’evsk municipal district

Gur’evsk municipal district

Territory of the Gurievsk district geographically embraces Kaliningrad. On the North it borders with the Polesskiy district, on the west it has a common border with the Zelenogradskiy district, runs along part of the Curonian bay, from the East is bordered by Gvardeyskiy district, southern boundary captures part of the waters of the Baltiyskiy bay and adjacent to Bagrationovsk district. Administrative centre - the town of Guryevsk. Gur’evsk municipal district consists of 7 rural and 1 urban settlement.

Gusevskiy municipal district

Gusevskiy municipal district

Gusevskiy district is located in the Eastern part of the Kaliningrad region. The town of Gusev stands on the river Pissa and river Krasnaya. On the North the region borders with Krasnoznamenskiy district, on the North-West with Nemanskiy district, on the East with Nesterovskiy district, on the South with Ozerskiy district, on the West with Chernyakhovskiy district.

Zelenogradskiy district

Zelenogradskiy district

The municipality "Zelenogradskiy district" is located in the North-Western part of the Kaliningrad region. The district territory is washed by the Baltic sea and the Curonian bay, separated from the sea by the Curonian spit.

Krasnoznamenskiy municipal district

Krasnoznamenskiy municipal district

“Krasnoznamenskiy municipal district” is located on the Eastern edge of the Kaliningrad region. The district territory is washed by the waters of the rivers Neman and the Sheshupe. The center of the district is the town of Krasnoznamensk (in the past, Lasdenen, and since 1938 - Haselberg, which means "Walnut hill") is one of thousands of small towns of Russia and, after all, not like the other – it has a look of its own, short it has a look of its own, short but glorious biography. The district has its own flag and emblem, reflecting the nature of the terrain surrounding Krasnoznamensk.

Nemanskiy municipal district

Nemanskiy municipal district

The town of Neman (Ragnit) is the administrative centre of the Nemanskiy municipal district and is situated on the southern bank of the river Neman (Memel) in the North-Eastern part of the Kaliningrad region at a distance of 130 km from Kaliningrad.

Nesterovskiy district

Nesterovskiy district

The territory of the district is historically established boundaries of the city's land, adjoining the land of common areas, territories of traditional nature use of the district's population, recreational land, land for development, regardless of forms of ownership and purpose, within the boundaries of the district, including the area of 55 settlements.

Ozyorskiy district

Ozyorskiy district

The total number of district residents is 16800 people, only a third of whom live in the town, so long the area has an agricultural bias, and the presence of rivers, lakes and many hills makes this area very attractive tourism wise. The municipality organized bike - canoe trail weekend, and in February 2007 ski slope with artificial snow near the village of Novo-Gurievsk was opened.

Polesskiy municipal district

Polesskiy municipal district

Polesskiy municipal district is located in the North-East of the Kaliningrad region, bordered by Gur’evskiy, Gvardeyskiy districts and Slavskiy urban district. The territory stretched from West to East for 56 km, from North to South is 44 km. On the North the district is bordering the bay for more than 40 km. The relief of the coastal part of the district, located on the Polesskaya and Nemanskaya lowlands is flat.

Pravdinskiy district

Pravdinskiy district

Pravdinskiy district is located on the Lava river (a tributary of the Pregel) in the South-West of Kaliningrad region 53 km to the South-East from Kaliningrad. The territory of the municipality has a common border with Poland of 55 km at length (Warmian-Masurian Voivodstvo).

 Svetlovskiy urban district

Svetlovskiy urban district

A large part of the history of the town of Svetlyi falls on the East Prussian period, which ends in 1945. In those days the town was called Zimmerbude. Town of Zimmerbude was founded in 1640. It was one of the small villages of East Prussia.

Slavskiy municipal district

Slavskiy municipal district

The administrative centre, Slavsk is located in the Eastern part of the district, 120 km from the regional center and covers an area of 1056 ha. The district is connected  with the city of Kaliningrad and other parts of the region by rail and road. The total length of district’s roads is 354, 3 km. The major settlements are: Slavsk, settlements, Bolshakovo, Yasnoe, Timiryazevo, Rzhevskoe and Prohladnoe.

Chernyakhovsky district

Chernyakhovsky district

The municipality is established by the Law of the Kaliningrad region of June 30th 2008, No. 262 "On organization of local self-government on the territory of municipal formation "Chernyakhovskiy urban district”. The population of the district is 52494 people, total area - 1285,75 square kilometers, the main industrial potential of the district are the manufacturing enterprises.

Ladushkinskiy urban district

Ladushkinskiy urban district

The municipality "Ladushkinskiy urban district” has the status of an urban district in accordance with the Law of the Kaliningrad region of May 15th, 2004 № 396 "On the endowment of the municipal formation "The town of Ladushkin" status of urban district".

Mamonovskiy urban district

Mamonovskiy urban district

The territory of the municipality is 100 square km (10 thousand hectares, including agricultural lands 6 thousand ha, lands of the state forest Fund - 0,93 thousand hectares, the lake area of 0.1 hectares, with a population of about 7.5 thousand people.

Pionerskiy urban district

Pionerskiy urban district

The village Rantou (now the village of Zaostrov’e) is mentioned in written sources in 1254 and considered as predecessor of the town of Pionersk. Until 1945 it was a German town of Neukuhren, which translated from German as "New resort". Until 1939 the population of the German town Neukuhren was 4779 people living in the area of 505,6 ha

Svetlovskiy urban district

Svetlovskiy urban district

A large part of the history of the town of Svetlyi falls on the East Prussian period, which ends in 1945. In those days the town was called Zimmerbude. Town of Zimmerbude was founded in 1640. It was one of the small villages of East Prussia.

Sovetskiy urban district

Sovetskiy urban district

In accordance with the law of the Kaliningrad region from 31 March 2004 No. 376 "On granting the municipal formation "the City of Sovetsk" with the status of urban district”. On June 1st 2006 the municipal formation "the City of Sovetsk" was transformed into a municipal formation "Sovetskiy urban district”.

Yantarnyi urban district

Yantarnyi urban district

The municipality "Yantarnyi urban district” is located in the West of Kaliningrad Peninsula (Sambian upland) on the Baltic sea and borders with Zelenogradskiy and Svetlogorskiy ditricts of the Kaliningrad region. The municipality includes the urban type settlement Yantarnyi (Palmnicken until 1947), the settlements of the Sinyavino and Pokrovskoe.